Go with the Flow

Go with the Flow
Struggle is rowing up stream with one paddle when everything you want is down the river

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Twinkle, Twinkle


When I was young, in front of my house was a star. Year before I was born, my grandfather had diligently marked it out as a flower bed in the big front garden. By the time I arrived on the scene, my grandfather was gone, the star had sunk and was filled with grass.


For me is was my favourite place in the world. I sat in one of the stars spokes and gazed up into the sky. It didn't matter if it was day or night. It was a place to dream of other planets, great adventures and men landing on the moon.


Today the star is gone from the garden replaced by a drive for two cars. But its memory still lives on and when I close my eyes I am there again, traveling through the stars.


To my long gone grandfather, thank you for the dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment